Tuesday, February 1, 2011

EPL Dream Team Challenge

A couple of months ago @MarrsioFootball posted on his website, Left Back In The Changing Room, a challenge in which you had to pick a complete side, using one player from each country or club. For instance, if you used Clint Dempsey, you could not use any other American player or player from Fulham. Here is the post in full: http://leftbackinthechangingroom.blogspot.com/2010/12/challenge.html

Click on the link to see what I came up with: http://austinlong1974.blogspot.com/2010/12/soccer-dream-team-challenge.html

Over the holidays, to pass the 7 hour car drive from my brother’s to my parents, we came up with a similar challenge: pick a 20 man squad using only one player from each team in the Premier League for 2010-11 season. The Big Four are easy to come up with selections, but hard to narrow it down to one player. However I had to actually do some research on WBA, Wigan, Stoke and some of the “smaller clubs”.

Here is what I came up with:

Schwarzer

Fulham

GK

Young

Villa

D

Vidic

United

D

Mancienne

Wolves

D

Cole

Chelsea

D

Bale

Spurs

M

Parker

West Ham

M

Gerrard

Liverpool

M

Nasri

Arsenal

M

Odemwingie

WBA

F

Welbeck

Sunderland

F

Foster

Birmingham

GK

Kompany

Manchester City

D

Coleman

Everton

D

Pedersen

Blackburn

M

Adam

Blackpool

M

Holden

Bolton

M

Tuncay

Stoke

F

Carroll

Newcastle

F

Rodallega

Wigan

F

So let me know what you come up with.

Note: I did not get this up before the opening and closing of the transfer window, so Carroll doesn’t work. Would probably have to replace him with Ben Arfa or God forbid, Joey Barton. Also Tuncay is on his way out so I would have to replace him, but I don’t know any other players on Stoke.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that Newcastle trade really threw me. I thought they were coming into form. Don't know how this will affect them down the stretch. We shall see.

    Anyway, nice list. I don't recognize a few names, as you might expect. After all, who keeps up with Wigan?

    ReplyDelete