Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Soccer Dream Team Challenge

In Unprofessional Foul's Monday Backpasses, there was a link to this challenge from Left Back in the Changing Room:

Pick a dream team that is only allowed one player per country/club. For example, pick Lionel Messi and that is your Barcelona player and Argentina player. The team requires 7 substitutes and all players must be currently playing.

So I spent most of Tuesday at work rattling my brain. It was way harder than I thought.

Here are name I didn't use:

Neuer

Schalke

Germany

Lahm

Bayern

Germany

Vidic

Man U

Serbia

Senna

Villarreal

Spain

Song

Arsenal

Cameroon

Boateng

AC Milan

Ghana

Zokora

Sevilla

Ivory Coast

Van de Vaart

Spurs

Holland

Malouda

Chelsea

France

Torres

Liverpool

Spain

C. Ronaldo

Real Madrid

Portugal

Drogba

Chelsea

Ivory Coast

Ribery

Bayern

France

Nasri

Arsenal

France

Modric

Spurs

Croatia

Pato

AC Milan

Brazil


Below is my final list:

STARTERS

Position

Last Name

Club

Country

GK

Buffon

Juve

Italy

RB

A. Cole

Chelsea

England

CB

Skrtel

Liverpool

Slovakia

CB

Metesacker

Werder

Germany

LB

Caceras

Sevilla

Uruguay

RWM

Messi

FCB

Argentina

CM

Fletcher

Man Utd

Scotland

CM

Mensah

Sunderland

Ghana

AM

Sniejder

Inter

Holland

LWM

Dempsey

Fulham

USA

ST

Llorente

Athetic Bilbao

Spain

SUBS

D

Cha Du-Ri

Celtic

S. Korea

D

Kolo Toure

Man City

Ivory Coast

D

Pepe

Real Madrid

Portugal

M

Barrera

West Ham

Mexico

M

Palacios

Spurs

Honduras

M

Kagawa

Bor Dortmund

Japan

F

Vucinic

Roma

Serbia


In essence I went on a variation of 4-3-3, similar to the FCB squad. I didn't use CR7 because I didn't feel he would fit in with the team. Same with Ribery. I did go with Llorente up top instead of Torres only because Torres really hasn't played that much. Might slightly unbalance my team, so I would turn to Vucinic or use Kagawa and go more 4-4-2.

Anyway, it was great tracking down players, positions and countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment